StudSensor Pro LCD quickly and easily locates the edges of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. Its easy-to-read display screen indicates stud edge, the patented SpotLite Pointing System shines a beam of light on the wall to identify the target, and Wire Warning detection indicates the presence of live AC-Voltage. FEATURES: Stud Scan mode locates the edges of wood or metal studs up to 3/4-Inch (19 mm) deep – DeepScan mode doubles the scanning depth to 1-1/2-Inch (38 mm) – Easy-to-read LCD display indicates when a stud edge is approached – Patented SpotLite Pointing System and audio tone signals when the stud edge is reached – Wire Warning detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wiring up to 2-Inch (51 mm) deep – Should scanning begin over a stud, Zircon’s patented “over-the-stud” indicator alerts the user to start the scan in a new location – Patented TruCal technology calibrates to any wall’s density and the TruCal icon indicates when the tool is ready and calibrated.
Zircon 61980 StudSensor Pro LCD Edge Stud Finder with Easy-to-Read LCD Screen and Spotlight Pointing System (61981)
- Find the edges of wood or metal studs or joists up to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm) deep
- WireWarning alert indicates the presence of hot electrical wiring
- Includes Zircon instructional "How-to Guide" Z-Card and detailed instructions.
- Sensing depth & accuracy can vary due to moisture, materials, wall text., paint.
- Not recommended for use on lath and plaster