Complete with the latest technology in density detecting software and circuitry as well as an ergonomic body design, the Zircon Multi Scanner 540 quickly and easily locates studs and joists behind wall, floors, and in ceilings. The ultra-bright display screen, SpotLite Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target. In Stud Scan mode, the MS 540 locates the center, edges, and direction of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 of an inch deep. Switch over to Deep Scan mode and double the scanning depth to 1.5 inches. Metal scan mode provides the ability to locate non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipes, up to 1.5 inches deep and ferrous metal, such as rebar, can be found up to 3 inches deep. Additionally, the MS 540 is programmed with a WireWarning detection feature that indicates the presence of live unshielded electrical wires up to 2 inches deep when using the stud and metal scan modes. To trace the live wires, simply switch over to the AC scan and your MS 540 will help you locate and trace live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 inches deep. The MS 540 is designed with a durable rubberized handle for comfortable use regardless of the duration of the job. Now delivered to you in our Amazon exclusive easy to open packaging with No clam shells and No twist ties, the MS 540 is ready for use just seconds after you receive it. Simply install one 9V alkaline battery and go to work. With the MS 540, you can safely maneuver through even your most difficult project with the professional confidence that comes from owning a Zircon.
Zircon MS 540 Multiscanner Center-Finding Stud Finder with Metal Detection and Live AC Wire Tracing
- Stud Scan Mode locates the center, edges, and direction of wood or metal studs up to 3/4" deep
- Metal Scan mode locates non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipe, up to 1.5 inches deep, and ferrous metal, such as rebar, up to 3 inches deep
- AC Scan finds and traces live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 inches deep
- Ultra-bright display screen, SpotLite Pointing System and audio tone all indicate the location of the target
- 4-mode switch makes it easy to change functions